Forum Title: Moisture / Condensation between Glass Panes
Hello, I have a home about 8 years old and some of the windows have condensation between the window panes. I have herd/seen on the web companies that can repaire (driil holes and vent) to cure this problem, but, do know if this is a good recommended procedure? or do I just have the window panes replaced. The Window frames are good. Thank you. ps. I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: D. Lowes (Stamford, CT), 01/08/2019

Try a hook & eye. You can't get any cheaper than that.

- GINA SUTTON (Greenville, SC), 02/09/2019

On the aluminum frame between the window panes, it says Decora Window and Door Systems 2003. Does this help? They were installed by the builder .

- TAMMY WOOD (Rio Rancho, NM), 02/21/2019

From what I have read, Decora went bankrupt, so its not likely a warranty claim against them would go anywhere. Your best bet is to call a glass company and have them come out and measure your glass and replace it. The ppl who drill holes in glass are usually scammers. Failed IGU's will usually get deposits between the glass that look like calcium deposits, and drilling a hole in the glass will not make them look clean again.

- SHARON R (Seattle, WA), 02/22/2019

Resources & Remodeling Links For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527